Wireless Field Survey TechnicianDate Posted: September 16, 2017
Location: Surrey, BC
Reporting to the Regional Manager; the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Comtech’s Project Implementation and Sales team with wireless design, and documentation deliverables.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or a Technologist Diploma preferably specializing in Telecommunications.
- Minimum 2 years experience specializing directly in wireless environments and technology, Telecom, microwave, and SCADA experience an asset.
- Exposure to GE MDS wireless products an asset.
- Experience in communications system field measurement and testing.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, oral, and written communication and project/time management skills.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Assist Comtech’s sales team with wireless design proposals
- Perform microwave, mobile, and cellular design
- Create bill of materials and scope of work
- Produce network and detailed site design documentation for various projects
- Respond to technical RFPs/RFQs
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Dependable team player
- Leadership skills
- An ongoing interest in keeping up to date with changes in technology
- Able to set and achieve goals, continuous personal improvement
- The ability to work and solve problems independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to maintain excellent relationships with customers and co-workers
- Attention to detail, with a high level of accountability
» Telecom Tower Climber