UMTS Cellular Network
Committed to deploying a UMTS cellular network on an aggressive timeframe, SaskTel called in the experts at Comtech. Typical deployments follow a general order, where each step depends on the achievement of the first. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to operate that way, so both conceptual and technological advancements were required to perform multiple steps concurrently.
- Decreased structural tower loading concurrently with tower analysis.
- Established and tested new standards and procedures.
- Reduced deployment time by nearly 50% the industry standard deployment time.
Help Improve Wide Area Network
Viterra approached Comtech with a task: improving their Wide Area Network. Their existing infrastructure included platforms, technologies and products from several different carriers, ISPs and service providers - making integration incredibly difficult.
- Established performance standards for all components
- Developed a feasible, modern, multi-province, multi-state integrated network
- Defined metrics and performance indicators
Antenna System - Calgary's Airport Trail Underpass
More than six Canadian football fields long, 36 metres wide, and 12 metres deep, The City Calgary's Airport Trail Underpass will house six lanes of vehicular traffic and two lanes for the city's LRT.
- Installation of radio installation and antenna system
- Performance testing and coordination of installation
- Field quality control